Tenets of agreement
1. We acknowledge a Divine Force at the heart of the universe, and in all living beings. We may refer to this force as God, but It is known by many names and appears in different forms or as formless.
2. We recognize the common moral principles inherent within all wisdom traditions.
3. We affirm that compassion, reverence for life and nonviolence are fundamental to religious faith and moral philosophy, and are to be extended to all sentient beings.
4. We stand by the principles of inclusion, diversity, and equality, and hold these as essential in our human relations.
5. We hold that nonhuman animals are imbued with the same essence of life and love as are human animals, and that there is moral parity between us.
6. We avow that humans do not own the earth, its resources, or its inhabitants, but instead must be involved in their protection and care.
7. We endeavor to eat and live according to vegan principles, avoiding animal foods and animal-derived clothing, as well as any activities that cause harm to our fellow beings, human or otherwise, to the best of our ability.
8. We exist to provide spiritual comfort, fellowship, and food for thought to those practicing or exploring the vegan ethic.
9. We offer guidance and peer support for all who wish to live a joyful, health-promoting vegan life.
10. We commit to sharing these principles freely, with humility and respect, in support of nonhuman animals and the earth.