This is just a note to thank all of the CC Members for supporting and participating in the Compassion Consortium this last year.
Also, I would like to describe some of the planned CC activities during 2024:
· We will continue our Sunday monthly services, including our Spiritual Guests and other spiritual and compassionate elements for each month. We have a strong and interesting schedule for our Spiritual Guests during 2024, starting with Dr. Sailesh Rao, the Founder and Executive Director of Climate Healers, a non-profit dedicated towards healing the Earth’s climate. Dr. Rao is the Executive Producer of several well-known documentaries, The Human Experiment, Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret, What The Health, A Prayer for Compassion, They’re Trying to Kill Us, The End of Medicine, The Land of Ahimsa, and The Pinky Promise. He serves on the Universal Meals Advisory Council of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and on the Board of Directors of the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies. See Interfaith & Interspecies Sunday Services | Compassion Consortium |.
· We will be scheduling a Film/Book night quarterly, starting with our next book/film talk night—"Veganuary's 10th Anniversary: Their Story of How It Caught On"—on January 24, at 7:30 PM Eastern time. We'll view Veganuary’s 22-minute documentary, as our guests from Veganuary explore its impact and expansion around the world since launching in 2013. There will be a Q&A following the documentary. Future Film/Book nights will be scheduled and announced. See Upcoming Events | CompassionConsortium.
· We will continue to present our monthly Engaged Practice sessions on the 2nd Tuesdays monthly.
· We are in the second year of the CC Animal Chaplaincy Training Program, and we have almost 60 cohorts participating in our second-year program. Also, we have added a new program: Act 2.0 Advanced Certification Animal Theology, Interspecies Practices, & Chaplaincy – for those desiring a digger deep into animals and religion.
· During the first part of the year, we will invite our Members and Subscribers to provide us with your input and thoughts as to what you would like to see in the CC services, programs, and activities going forward.
· We will continue to collaborate with like-minded spiritual and compassionate animal-centric organizations, such as the Interfaith Vegan Coalition and the Animal Interfaith Alliance. To that end, I have been appointed as a Director of the Board of Directors of the AIA.
· And lastly, I will occasionally post blogs that might be interesting -- or sometimes humorous – to you. I always try to keep these to a minimum to avoid filling up your inboxes.
So, again, we are so appreciative of your participation and contributions to the Compassionate Consortium. We look forward to continuing our relationship with you – and please always feel free to provide any input or ideas that you have that will help us improve your Compassion Consortium experience.